Insurance for Charities and Non-Profit Organisations
If you are involved in the running of a charity or a not-for-profit organisation, then you will want to be sure that you work with a team of specialist advisers. Our charity insurance specialists really get to know your needs and have the expertise to ensure your premiums are closely controlled and your cover is adequate.
Of course, you need to maintain the correct level of insurance cover to protect your organisation against liability claims or loss of assets. But you will also be conscious of the need to minimise the cost of your programme. Price stability and a quality insurer are vitally important in the non-profit sector; where funds may be limited and charity trustees have such an onerous duty of care.
Our experience of working with charities, voluntary groups and not-for-profit organisations means we can ensure your cover is backed up by a complementary risk management programme aimed at reducing claims and controlling insurance costs. If you do need to make a claim, you can rest assured that our in-house claims handlers will do the hard work for you and help to negotiate a fair settlement.
Types of Charity
Here are examples of the kind of organisations for which this insurance is designed:
- Religious charities
- Educational charities
- Cultural and artistic charities
- Healthcare charities
- Environmental and conservation charities
- Not-for-profit community groups
- Voluntary groups
- Community interest groups
- Social enterprises
Considerations for charities and NPO's
And here are some of the key areas in which we can assist:
- Property belonging to the charity, newly bequeathed or held in trust – from buildings and their contents to portable equipment or exhibition stands. Whatever the asset, we can seek out the appropriate insurance coverage.
- Charity liability Insurance – protection for the charitable organisation against claims made by members of the public or employees.
- Trustee liability insurance – essential protection against claims made as a result of errors or omission of the trustees.
- Fidelity guarantee - protecting your charity or non-profit organisation against dishonesty or fraud by your employees or voluntary workers.
- Money and assault insurance – charity volunteers and employees are often involved in the collection of cash donations so it’s important to consider how well your cover protects both money and those collecting it.
- Professional indemnity insurance – if you provide advice then you may need to extend your liability coverage.
For detailed information about products relevant to specific charities or other non-profit organisations, please select the links under 'We also offer...' to the right.