We are looking for promising individuals who would like to start their careers with us by joining our friendly Norwich team of advisers.
About the role
From day one you will be trained on our insurance products and systems so that you are working as one of the team, as any other new member of staff would be. Initially trained in one product, within a few weeks you will be working with your colleagues and speaking to our customers. You will be responsible for quoting new business, renewing policies and office administration as part of building a wide base of core insurance broking skills.
Throughout this scheme you will continue to build on your technical skills and develop your insurance product knowledge leading you to specialise into one of our many departments throughout the business and work towards your industry professional CII qualifications.
Your personal qualities will be important to us – we want to employ a person, not a robot! We look for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player
- Willing to learn, grow and help out
- Approachable, positive, and focussed
- Passionate about succeeding with a desire to start a career within the insurance industry
- Pride in maintaining a high standard of work with good attention to detail
- Good with technology and confident talking to people
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and embrace change
Of course, these are all the qualities we’d love you to bring to Alan Boswell Group but don’t worry if you’re not sure – we’ll coach you and develop these skills throughout the trainee scheme and your apprenticeship.
As part of the trainee scheme we would like you to have the following qualifications as a minimum: 5 GCSE’s at Grades 9 to 4 (including English and Maths)
Alan Boswell Group has built its reputation as the natural choice for friendly, expert advice on insurance, risk management and financial services. Its stability within the market for 40 years builds on its success, but it also reflects the market by changing rapidly to meet our customer requirements. We are proud of our people, their successes, and value their contributions to our growing business.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays (option to purchase up to 3 additional holiday days in April each year)
- Discretionary annual Company bonus scheme
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Bupa Cashplan
- Salary Exchange pension scheme
- Supported professional training and development
- Discounted financial services and insurance products
- Funded professional memberships
- Recruitment referral incentive bonus ‘refer a friend’
- Client introduction commission incentive
If you would like to earn while you learn with a respected and recognised company, please send your CV and a covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 01/06/2022 4:00 pm