This vacancy has now been filled. Please visit our Careers page for current positions.
We are looking to recruit a new member of staff for our Commercial Underwriting Team, which is responsible for delivering an effective and professional ‘market’ with the relevant delegated authority schemes for our commercial account executives and insurance business advisers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Underwriting, producing quotations and policy documents (new business, endorsements and renewals) in a timely and accurate manner and within our underwriting agreements.
- Fully understanding the underwriting standards and procedures for commercial schemes.
- Ensuring that all enquiries are dealt with promptly.
- Chasing insurers as and when needed to ensure clients are fully informed of progress at all times.
- Technical ability and working knowledge of commercial products.
- Meeting customer service requirements and being proactive and efficient with time.
- A personable and approachable attitude.
- Good technical knowledge of commercial insurance.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of the FCA regulations and insurance principles.
Classes of business written within the Underwriting Team:
- Farm (property and motor).
- Property owners.
- Commercial combined – property and liability.
- Standalone liability.
At Alan Boswell Group, we are proud of our people and value their contribution to our success. Excellent remuneration and benefits packages and opportunities for promotion within the company help us hold on to and nurture talent.
We would be interested to hear from candidates either from an insurer or broker underwriting environment.