We are looking for an experienced B2B events & sponsorship professional to support the business with the delivery of a busy portfolio of events and the delivery of our sponsorship activation, promoting the Group to a B2B and B2C audience across East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and beyond.
As Events & Sponsorship Executive, you will:
As part of the marketing team you will be responsible for the smooth operation of our in-house and external events as well as the delivery of rights and benefits from our sponsorship activity.
- Proactively engage with colleagues around the business to identify requirements and opportunities for external events.
- Successfully plan and manage logistics – Research and source venues, suppliers, and contractors and negotiate budgets.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to bring the events to life and ensure their commercial success.
- Supervise on the day of the event when required.
- Work closely with our execs, financial advisers and others to ensure business opportunities are maximised.
- Set up and maintain processes for events, including building and maintaining contact lists, logistics, promotion, delegate management, and post-event assessments.
- Work with the team to manage the delivery of our various sponsorship rights and benefits.
We’re looking for someone who’s positive, ambitious and proactive – a real team-player with the ability to manage their time and work, as well as jumping in to help their colleagues. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team, always thinking of the bigger picture with good commercial awareness. You’ll be confident speaking with your stakeholders, both inside and outside ABG, and have no problem chasing people up if you need an answer. You’ll be super organised, handy with spreadsheets and not afraid of some admin. Ideally you will have:
- Experience in marketing, events and/or sponsorship
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively, work efficiently, and juggle competing priorities
- High level attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
- Experience of managing budgets and reporting on expenditure
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication – you’re confident and enjoy talking to and meeting new people.
- The ability to work on your own (with a supportive team behind you!)
- Flexibility – some of our events will need you there and that can include the very occasional evening or weekend.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Commercial awareness
Alan Boswell Group has built its reputation as the natural choice for friendly, expert advice on insurance, risk management and financial services. Its stability within the market for over 40 years builds on its success, but it also reflects the market by changing rapidly to meet our customer requirements. We are proud of our people, their successes, and value their contributions to our growing business.
£30k per annum negotiable based on experience.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays (option to purchase up to 3 additional holiday days in April each year)
- Discretionary annual Company bonus scheme
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Bupa Cashplan
- Salary Exchange pension scheme
- Supported professional training and development
- Discounted financial services and insurance products
- Funded professional memberships
- Recruitment referral incentive bonus ‘refer a friend’
- Client introduction commission incentive
Please apply now with the button at the top of the page or send your CV and covering letter detailing the reasons for your application, your experience to date and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 09/12/2022 12:00 am