An opportunity has arisen to join the marketing team at Alan Boswell Group as a Junior In-House Graphic Designer. Our team is growing, and is responsible for a variety of channels, promoting the Group to a B2B and B2C audience across East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and beyond.
This is an important role within the marketing team, as you will be responsible for maintaining and protection the Alan Boswell Group brand across all channels. You’ll work with your colleagues, both in the marketing team as well as other teams, to design branded artwork for:
- Telegraph – This is our landmark publication. A 24 page magazine sent in hard-copy to over 6,000 clients, as well as being available on our website.
- Chronicle – Our bi-annual staff magazine.
- Corporate brochures. We have a few variants of this brochure for different areas of the business, and it’s an integral piece of promotional material.
- Product brochures and leaflets. We do lots of these!
- Exhibition assets. Pull up banners, artwork for magazines, giveaways and business cards.
- Advertisements for print and online.
- Supporting our sponsorships and brand awareness campaigns in publications across the country.
- Artwork for our websites (we have two brands within the group).
- Email design (we use Mailchimp).
While your role is focussed on graphic design, you’ll be part of a multi-skilled team and will be part of a variety of activities including advertising, event organisation and sponsorship.
We’re looking for someone who’s positive, creative and proactive – a real team-player with the ability to manage their time and work, as well as jumping in to help their colleagues. Your skills are highly sought after within ABG, and you’ll need to be able to prioritise your tasks to keep to strict deadlines and evolving objectives. You’ll develop a real understanding of our brand, including how we use typography and determining which images are on-brand, while pushing the envelope to make sure we’re always on top of our game. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team, always thinking of the bigger picture with good commercial awareness. You’ll think creatively, and be able to confidently explain your decisions and designs to stakeholders, both within and outside ABG. You’ll identify opportunities to refresh existing
Essential experience and skills
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong editorial design skills
- Good understanding of typographic hierarchy
- Clear knowledge of developing and applying brand guidelines
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- Confident managing several stakeholders, within the company and externally
- Organised and creative with great attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Desirable skills and experience
- SEO and PPC skills
- Email design
- Video editing software
- Understanding of WordPress
- Experience of working in financial services
Our success has been based on providing friendly, expert advice to clients on insurance, risk management and financial services. We’ve achieved this by making sure we talk to our customers
in a language that they understand, by making ourselves accessible and ensuring we’re always
putting them first.
The marketing team are based at Alan Boswell Group head office on Thorpe Road, a few minutes
away from Riverside and Norwich train station. We offer a pension scheme with employer contributions, 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays of course) and a healthcare cash plan which you can join if you want to. Plus, we have recently joined forces with Liftshare to help our staff save time and money on their commutes.
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter, your experience to date and your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include a link to your portfolio if it’s available digital, or be prepared to bring a physical copy if invited to interview.