An opportunity has arisen to join the marketing team at Alan Boswell Group as a Marketing Events Officer. Our team is growing and is responsible for a variety of channels, promoting the Group to a B2B and B2C audience across East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and beyond.
- Implement events already scheduled in our calendar. This includes business breakfasts, exhibition shows and our own landmark events like the Royal Norfolk Show, ABG Golf Day and two annual employee events at Norwich City Football Club.
- Organise marketing material, exhibition assets, hospitality, giveaways and presenters where applicable.
- Work closely with Account Executives and senior management team to compile invitation lists, and ensure every attendee is followed up with afterwards with feedback and continuing engagement.
- Measure and evaluate the success of all the events, reporting back to Directors and the senior leadership team
- Promote events across a variety of channels
- Identify opportunities for new events, especially for our regional offices in Suffolk, Cambridge
While the role is focussed on events organisation and coordination, you’ll be part of a multi-skilled team and will be included in a variety of activities including advertising, copywriting and sponsorship.
We’re looking for someone who’s positive, ambitious and proactive – a real team-player with the ability to manage their time and work, as well as jumping in to help their colleagues. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team, always thinking of the bigger picture with good commercial awareness. You’ll be confident speaking with your stakeholders, both inside and outside ABG, and have no problem chasing people up if you need an answer. You’ll be super organised, handy with spreadsheets and not afraid of some admin. This role starts small but there’s a lot of room for growth. We have big aspirations for our events calendar, we just need the right person to get us there!
Essential skills and experience
- Communication – you’re confident and enjoy talking to and meeting new people.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work on your own (with a supportive team behind you!)
- Able to juggle a varied and evolving workload, with events each month
- Very well organised – there’ll be spreadsheets! We don’t have a CRM at the moment so, in the meantime, you’ll need to take full ownership of your lists
- Happy to travel to other offices every few weeks to check in with colleagues and help with your events if required
- Experience of working in a corporate environment (not necessarily marketing).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Commercial awareness
Desirable skills and experience
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp
- Event management experience and organisation
- Coordination of webinars and video
- Strong writing skills
Our success has been based on providing friendly, expert advice to clients on insurance, risk management and financial services. We’ve achieved this by making sure we talk to our customers
in a language that they understand, by making ourselves accessible and ensuring we’re always putting them first.
The marketing team are based at Alan Boswell Group head office on Thorpe Road, a few minutes away from Riverside and Norwich train station. We offer a pension scheme with employer contributions,
25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays of course) and a healthcare cash plan which you can join if you want to. Plus, we have recently joined forces with Liftshare to help our staff save time and money on their commutes.
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter detailing the reasons for your application, your experience to date and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.