Home Emergency Cover for Landlords
Alan Boswell Group, in conjunction with Aria Assistance, has teamed up to provide swift and effective assistance when a domestic emergency occurs. In a crisis it's sometimes hard to find someone to fix the problem. That's where Aria Assistance can help, offering landlords a reliable service, fully qualified engineers and a speedy, helpful response.
But the product isn't just restricted to boiler breakdowns or burst pipes. Further home emergencies are covered such as plumbing and drainage problems, complete electrical breakdown or gas supply within your home, vermin infestation and damage caused to external locks, doors or windows which render the property insecure.
Home Emergency cover is only available when purchased in conjunction with your own or let home insurance which is arranged via Alan Boswell Group.
- 24/7 emergency helpline (even on Christmas Day)
- No excess
- Unlimited number of claims (up to £500 per claim)
- Full mainland UK coverage with thousands of trades people
- Covers boilers up to 15 years old and with an output of less than 60 kilowatts
- Calls answered in the UK based call centre
You should still carry out or arrange for normal continuous maintenance of your property and on the systems servicing the property and you must take all reasonable steps to avoid or minimise any claim. All boilers should be serviced no later than every 12 months and a copy of the service documentation will be required in the event of a claim.
What are you covered for?
Aria Assistance will arrange to deal with your emergency by choosing an approved contractor to come to your home and carry out emergency repairs that are immediately necessary to:
- Protect you or a third party against risk to your health;
- Make your property safe and habitable
- Complete failure or breakdown of either the heating and/or hot water supply
- Sudden failure of, or damage to, the plumbing and drainage system including leaking pipes/radiators, blocked drains, water tanks and blockages in toilet waste pipe
- Sudden and complete failure or breakdown of the electricity or gas supply
- Damage to the roof of your property caused by storm, fallen trees and branches
- Damage caused to external locks, doors or windows which render your property insecure
- Professional extermination and control of pests in your property including cellars and adjoining outbuildings for brown/black rat, house/field mouse and wasps/hornets nest
Limits of Cover
- Up to £500 per claim including parts, labour, materials and VAT to carry out repair
- Up to £100 towards overnight accommodation - should your property become uninhabitable as a result of the emergency claim
Get all this cover for just £50 per year per owner occupied property or £95 per let property.
What is not covered?
- Any claims arising within the first 14 days after the start date of your policy
- Any emergency in a property that has been unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days
- Boilers or heating systems over 15 years old and with an output of more than 60 kilowatts
- Failure of boilers or heating systems that have not been maintained, inspected or serviced by a qualified person to a reasonable standard in the last 12 months
- Cover for Commercial Properties