Broads Boat Insurance
Based in Norwich, Alan Boswell Insurance Brokers are ideally placed to manage your boating insurance needs throughout Norfolk and Suffolk. Specialising in Broads boat insurance we guarantee a personal service backed by insurers with over 90 years marine insurance heritage.
We’re specialists in providing bespoke boat insurance to meet your exact needs, so whether your pleasure is in a dinghy or punt, motorboat or yacht we can help you choose exactly the right insurance policy for you.
We know that all whiteboats are white but not all brownboats are brown!
Benefits of our Broads Boat Insurance
- Specifically designed for broads based boats.
- Onerous survey requirements replaced by simple condition report, including option to self-certify (just because a boat is 50 years old it doesn't mean it is falling to bits!).
- Generous 'No Claim Bonus' building up to 25% discount.
- Multi-vessel discounts for 2 or more boats insured on the same policy.
- Repair clause – policy will pay 125% of the sum insured for repairs (to recognise that old boats are often more expensive to repair than the cost of buying a replacement).
- Racing cover included automatically for all sailing boats (so you can compete in the annual regatta without fear of being uninsured).
- Fixed policy excess (not a percentage of the loss).
- Reduced excess if approved repairers used.
- Keen pricing to reflect the unique risks presented by broads based craft.
- Simple to arrange – no long winded proposal forms.
- All administration handled locally by knowledgeable staff with experience and familiarity of the broads.
Your insurance needs will vary depending on what you sail and where
- Loss or damage to the vessel, gear and equipment.
- Legal liability for claims made by third parties, including passengers and guests whilst on board, embarking or disembarking the vessel.
- Transit risk within Europe.
- Loss of gear and equipment from the exterior of the vessel following forcible theft.
- Frost damage to machinery.
- Personal accident cover for owner and guests.
- Dropping off and falling overboard of outboard motors.
- Salvage charges and liability for cost of raising or removal of wreck.
Alan Boswell Group working with Navigators & General