We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

The care sector is one of the most controlled and regulated industries within the UK.

Making sure you meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission and other authorities is becoming an ever-increasing part of running a care home, and having the right insurance can easily drop down your list of priorities.

Care home insurance is extremely specialist and it is important to get your cover right.

  • Cover for abuse
  • Comprehensive medical malpractice cover
  • Risk management advice
  • Up to £10m liability cover
  • Cover for adult and children care facilities
  • Cover for nurses previously provided by RCN

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

ABG Difference

At Alan Boswell Group our Care Home Insurance experts will provide you with a range of reliable and competitive insurance services.

We understand the care sector and the risks you are exposed to and have teamed up with some of the UK’s leading care home insurance specialists to bring you an unbeatable package.

How our customers rate us

Alan Boswell provides an excellent and efficient service.

Mr Jones - Care Home Insurance

Care Home Insurance in detail

Care home insurance provides a number of covers whether you provide domiciliary or residential care:

  • Public liability Cover for damage or injury to a third-party resulting from your business activities e.g. visitor slips on wet floor.
  • Medical malpractice Liability specifically for the medical profession providing cover in the event of an injury or illness arising from medical negligence e.g. misdiagnosis of symptoms.
  • Professional liability Cover for professional liability, e.g administering wrong drugs.
  • Employers' liability Cover for injury to employees caused by employers negligence e.g. care worker hurts back while incorrectly lifting patient when no correct training in place.
  • Business interruption Cover for loss of profits/income for a period following a loss.
  • Property damage Cover for damage to property: contents, premises, equipment etc.
  • Legal expenses Legal expenses cover for costs incurred for legal disputes relating to your business; health and safety prosecutions, contractual disputes, tax investigation etc.
  • Engineering inspection Statutory inspection of relevant items, e.g. hoists.
  • Cyber liability Cost associated with breach of client data.
  • Trustees liability/Directors' & Officers' Cover for compensation costs against the business for action by either trustees and/or directors and senior managers of the company.

Care insurance is an incredibly specialist area of insurance and it is key you have the correct insurances in place covering your business activities. There is a fine line between public liability, medical malpractice, and professional liability. An expert will be able to guide you through which covers are applicable for you.


  • This all depends on the service your business provides. Our experts will take the time to understand your business and its operations and work with you to determine what covers are required.

  • While many covers are important, employers’ liability is the only cover that is mandatory if you have employees or volunteers.

  • The covers are optional and it will be dependent on your operation what is required, however many of the premises based covers such as business interruption should not be required.

  • Yes you can, although in some instances this may result in a change of insurance company to protect your business correctly.

  • We will use the CQC report in our negotiations with insurers and if a CQC report shows the business in a positive light it will reflect positively on the premium you pay.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01603 218000
Send an enquiry Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry
Jon Preston
Jon Preston

Account Executive

Jon has been working in the insurance industry for over twenty five years. Starting with Aviva Insurance in 1991 in an accounts role Jon also…