We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Important information: We have followed Government advice and closed our branches. However, please be assured that our priority remains providing our clients with support and advice at all times and our teams are on-hand to take your calls or emails.
Contact details for all our employees can be found here.

Payments of insurances: Please note, at this time we are asking that payments be made via our online card payment portal or by bank transfer.  Please avoid sending cheques wherever possible.

Speak directly to our team

01603 218086
Home » Landlords » Landlord Cover » Serviced Accommodation Insurance

Serviced accommodation is one of the latest innovations to hit the property market. Presenting a whole range of opportunities and risks, specialist insurance and advice will be required.

  • Help identifying risk
  • Wide range of cover
  • Single room lets in apartment blocks
  • Competitive premiums
  • Independent advice and guidance

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

multi-property landlord insurance

The development of serviced accommodation and Airbnb style accommodation is a relatively new development. The ease in which properties can be advertised and let on a short term basis has opened this part of the property market to many people. Unfortunately the ease in which this sector is accessed has inadvertently exposed property owners to new risks and it is important to obtain expert advice on your risks.

How our customers rate us

Excellent service, very knowledgeable staff member, who was pleasant and very helpful.

Mrs Higgison

Serviced Accommodation Insurance in detail

Our insurance provides cover for

  • Buildings Cover for rebuild or repair to your property following an insured event (Fires, Storm, Malicious damage etc)
  • Contents Cover for loss or damage to contents within your properties
  • Public Liability Cover for liability to tenants, guests and third parties for injury, illness or damage to their property arising from your property.
  • Employers Liability Cover for liability to employees for illness or injury sustained in the course of working for you in relation to your serviced accommodation.
  • Business Interruption Cover for your loss of income should the property be uninhabitable due to buildings and/or contents damage covered by the policy.
  • Types of let We can arrange cover in respect of various types of holiday let including Airbnb, owner occupied with rooms let as holiday accommodation and ‘rent-to-rent’. For more advice and guidance please contact us.


  • Serviced accommodation is where a room or rooms are let to members of the general public on a nightly basis. Typically these are self contained rooms (akin to hotel rooms) but occasionally they maybe a room within a private dwelling. Rooms generally are serviced on a daily basis with fresh laundry etc provided.

  • For the vast majority of cases no, but on occasion there maybe a small element of cover for “lodgers” however a lot of insurance cover will be restricted, such as theft and malicious damage.

  • In most cases there is no cover. This is due to a regular stipulation in these policies that there must be an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement in place. When properties/rooms are let by the night this is not possible.

  • In some instances holiday let insurance may be better for you as the cover is more appropriate. However we will take the time to understand your requirements and provide advice and guidance on the right cover.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01603 218086
Request a callback
Callback Enquiry - Landlords
  • Contact Details

  • If applicable
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Send an enquiry
Landlords Insurance Enquiry (Serviced Accommodation)
  • Contact Details

  • Enquiry Details

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Caroline Scott
Alice Gerken

Insurance Adviser

Prior to working at Alan Boswell Insurance Brokers, Alice began her career in retail, working for an independent store in Norwich. She started out in…

Caroline Scott
Louise Woods

Insurance Adviser

Louise has worked in insurance since finishing her education in 2011. She started out in the motorcycle insurance industry and moved briefly into private healthcare insurance…