We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Landlords Landlord Contents Insurance

Landlord contents insurance provides cover for the contents you decide to leave for a tenant when you rent out a full or part-furnished property. Landlord contents insurance does not provide cover for your tenant’s personal possessions but will provide insurance for the furnishings, fixtures, and fittings you have in the property such as fridges, beds, sofas, carpets, tables etc. Our contents calculator can help you estimate the value of the contents in your property.

Landlord contents insurance from as little as £56 per property including Insurance Premium Tax:

  • Domestic furniture and furnishings including carpets, curtains, blinds, light fittings, and white goods.
  • Accidental damage.
  • £5m property owners’ liability cover.
  • £10m employers’ liability cover.
  • Lock replacement if your keys are stolen.
  • Loss of metered utility supplies.
  • Optional loss or rent or alternative accommodation cover.

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

Landlord Contents Insurance - Alan Boswell group

We go the extra mile to make sure our landlord insurance products are the best on the market. We provide an individual, tailored service to handle everything, covering all types of insurance from contents and rent guarantee to legal expense and much more.

We value personal connections with our customers, and that’s why you’ll be able to talk directly to the person handling your account – no call centres. Our experts will manage your underwriting, and any claims if the worst should happen. Plus, we’ll give you a transparent pricing structure. If you want to talk to us for advice or a quote, give us a call or email, or use one of our simple online quote engines.

We also have a landlord advice hub that is full of useful information to help landlords and property owners find the advice and products needed.

How our customers rate us

The young lady who answered my call did so promptly. She was very polite, well informed and very helpful. A refreshing change, in this day and age, to be treated like a human being, I would definitely use your company again.

Mr & Mrs Wallwork

Landlord Contents Insurance in detail

Landlord contents insurance from only £56 per year

  • Domestic furniture and furnishings This provides cover for the furniture left in the property for tenants. Premium starts from £56 per year for a minimum sum insured of £10,000.
  • Public liability cover Our property owners' public liability insurance covers loss or damage to material property or bodily injury (including death, illness, or disease) for which you are held responsible and proven negligent in relation to members of the public.
  • Employers' liability cover Protection for claims made by your employees. Employees could be family members who get paid to undertake work for you.
  • Accidental damage This is where anyone residing or visiting the property accidentally causes damage to your contents.
  • Lock replacement Covers the cost of changing locks if the keys are lost from your residential or business premises.
  • Loss of metered utility supplies Covers you for the cost of metered water, gas, oil, and electricity for which you are legally responsible arising from damage.

Optional extras

  • Optional loss of rent or alternative accommodation cover If your property is uninhabitable due to loss or damage covered under the policy, your rent will be paid until the property is fit for habitation again or the reasonable cost of similar temporary accommodation for the tenant will be paid.
Speak directly to our team
01603 216399
Landlords Contents Quote Landlords Contents Quote
Landlords Contents Quote

Contact us

Speak directly to our team
01603 216399
Landlords Contents Quote Landlords Contents Quote
Landlords Contents Quote
Female face
Holly Garry-Rust

Insurance Adviser

Prior to Alan Boswell Group, Holly worked for 18 months at Drayton insurance, building on her existing motor insurance knowledge and getting to know the…

Amanda Riches

Insurance Adviser

Amanda is an insurance adviser specialising in personal lines including landlords insurance, boat, motor, home and travel.

Landlords news

Guide to renting to family and friends
Guide to letting to family and friends

Renting to family and friends is a popular way of finding good tenants and giving people a helping hand. However, things can sometimes go wrong. In this guide, we share our top tips on making sure letting to people you know goes as smoothly as possible.

Read more
Finding good tenants | A landlord's guide
Finding good tenants | A landlord's guide

Every landlord wants to find good tenants for their buy-to-let properties. In this article, we share our tips and tricks for attracting responsible and pleasant tenants – and avoiding those ‘tenants from hell’.

Read more
Do your tenants work from home?
Do your tenants work from home?

Since the COVID-19 pandemic, working from home and hybrid working have become more popular than ever. But are your tenants allowed to work from home – or even run a business from your property?

Read more