Motorhome hire insurance and campervan rental insurance are essential if you’re hiring out a vehicle. Having the right cover will protect your investment, whether it’s rented or between hirers.
Self-drive hire insurance is one of our core specialisms and we can help you find a policy that’s right for your business. Our specialist, UK-based team understands your needs and will put together the best possible cover for you, whether you hire out one classic campervan or a fleet of motorhomes.
Alan Boswell Group is a self-drive hire insurance specialist. Having arranged business insurance for more than 30 years, we understand the needs of campervan and motorhome owners and have access to a panel of the country’s leading insurers.
As such, we look after self-drive hire clients across the UK. We have a wide range of clients, from businesses with large fleets of vehicles, to small family-run motorhome hire companies and even classic campervan owners hiring out one vehicle. Whatever the size of your business, you’ll get a personal service, from arranging to cover to assisting with claims.
We’ve also put together a range of useful guides, articles and tips for motorhome and campervan owners in our knowledge hub.
Really helpful and patient with my numerous calls and questions. Makes a refreshing change.
If you need motor home insurance for personal use and not to hire out then you will need specific motorhome insurance
Our comprehensive cover sets us apart:
If you need motor home insurance for personal use and you are not intending to hire out your motorhome then you will need specific motorhome insurance.
Yes. Insurers normally expect an electronic tracking device to be fitted to a motorhome valued in excess of £40,000.
We can arrange self-drive hire insurance for all kinds of motorhomes, motor caravan and campervan.
Insurers generally restrict cover on motorhome self-drive hire to those aged between 21 to 75 and those who have held a Full UK or EU licence for two years. As usual, exceptions to these restrictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
A co-insurance clause makes you responsible for a proportion of any loss. For example, a 25% co-insurance clause would mean that you are responsible for a quarter of any loss with the insurer covering the remaining 75%. On self-drive hire insurance policies, a co-insurance clause is always applied to theft-by-hirer cover and for fire damage claims caused by cooking or heating appliances.
Excesses start from £500 and applies to all damage claims (including glass breakage).
Yes. Some insurers have approved groups you can hire to instantly. In some cases you will need to seek approval from the insurer before you can complete the hire contract.
The most important factor in the rating of motorhomes is the value of the vehicle. A midrange motorhome will generally cost less to insure than an A-class motorhome. Full written quotations are available on request.
Yes. Some insurers will exclude use at festivals but we can provide this valuable cover.
Renting out your campervan or motorhome could be a great way to cover costs and even make a little extra cash. Our guide gives you an idea of what hiring out your vehicle entails.
Hiring out your own campervan or motorhome or starting a hire business could be a good way to earn extra income. Here, we look at what to consider if you’ve ever thought of starting a self-drive hire firm.