We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Speak directly to our team

01603 216387

Protect your property with our commercial landlord insurance. Talk to one of our property insurance specialists who can search the market to find you the best insurance.

Commercial Property Insurance is for landlords who rent out properties for commercial use such as shops, restaurants or industrial units.

We’ve been working with landlords since 1995, so we know it’s vital to find the right cover for your property. We provide high-quality cover and award-winning service at a great price – so you get the best deal around.

  • Insurance for differing commercial premises – shops, restaurants, factories, hotels etc
  • Dedicated UK-based advisors
  • Tailored insurance products
  • Option to combine residential and commercial properties
  • Specialist insurance advisers

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

Commercial Landlord Insurance specialist

Because our commercial landlord insurance product is managed in-house, we provide a unique service, with pricing, underwriting and claims primarily managed by our own team.

Our advice and service have been recognised by the industry and our customer feedback scores are proof of our consistently high standards.

What our customers say

We've dealt with Alan Boswell for over 10 years and have always been very impressed by their efficiency.

Mr & Mrs Hodges - Commercial landlord

What's included

Our commercial landlord insurance policies cover a range of risks, so you get complete peace of mind.

  • Property Insurance A wide definition of buildings that can extend to include common areas, landscaping, solar panels, wind turbines and domestic white goods. Numerous extensions included as standard and tailored to the property industries.
  • Business Interruption Cover for loss of rent following property damage, as well as for the cost of alternative accommodation for residential units within your portfolio. There is a variety of extensions to supplement core covers.
  • Engineering Damage This policy can provide cover to surrounding property if any machinery or plant causes damage. We can also offer specific policy enhancements, such as working or repair investigation costs, to ensure you're well insured.
  • Property Owners Liability Protects your legal liabilities towards third parties e.g. slip, trip or fall whilst on the property.

If you are a property owner and you have a change of tenant or processes undertaken within the property you will need to inform your insurance provider. Failure to do this could invalidate any claim.

It is important to make your insurance provider aware if there will be any periods of unoccupancy to ensure the property is covered correctly whilst unoccupied. Again failure to inform your insurance provider could invalidate your insurance.

Get a quote

Speak to our team on
01603 216387
Make an enquiry
Business Insurance Enquiry
  • Contact Details

  • Enquiry Details

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Other landlord insurance covers

We have specific insurance designed for landlords to cover the range of property you might have, which is why we can provide a range of additional covers:

Landlord Building Insurance

Landlord building insurance is a vital cover for your rental properties we can search the market, compare quotes and arrange your insurance so you get the best insurance available

Read more
Multi-property landlord insurance

Multi-property Landlord Insurance for your residential and or commercial property portfolio.

Read more
Block of flats insurance

A comprehensive flat insurance policy tailored to your requirements will give you peace of mind, talk to one of our specialists today or get a quote online

Read more
Rent Guarantee Insurance

Provides rental income protection for financial loss of rental income in the event of a tenant defaulting as well as any landlord legal expenses cover of up to £100,000

Read more
Landlord Legal Expenses Insurance

Provides cover for your rental property, including repossession of property and other legal disputes.

Read more
Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Home Emergency Cover for your own or rental property in the event of a domestic emergency e.g. boiler breakdown, failure in utilities etc

Read more
Tenant Referencing

Referencing of tenant(s) employment history, tenant history, identity and credit history and affordability.

Read more

Landlord insurance FAQs

  • Landlord insurance is sometimes known as buy-to-let insurance. The basic product is landlord buildings and contents insurance. This covers risks relating to the fabric of the building and anything you may have left in the property, such as white goods, curtains, carpets etc (contents).

    Additional insurance products, such as rent guarantee, landlord legal expenses and home emergency cover can also be added to provide further protection for an additional cost.

  • The price depends on a variety of factors, such as the property you want to insure, your excess and level of cover. However, we guarantee to beat the price of your like-for-like landlord insurance quote.

  • Legally, you don’t need to have landlord insurance. However, this cover provides vital peace of mind that your property is protected if the worst happens. Landlord insurance covers the buildings and certain contents of your rental property, while add-on products, including, landlord legal expenses and rent guarantee insurance, can provide additional protection.

  • The policy provides cover for carpets, curtains and white goods. If you want to cover anything more than this, we would be happy to arrange additional cover for you.

  • You are covered for £5m legal liability to third parties for any one incident. You also have employers liability cover for people working at your property, up to £10m.

  • Providing you have a tenancy agreement in place and the tenant has been referenced, there are no restrictions on who you can rent to.

  • Yes, it will remain in place for new tenants, provided you have another tenancy agreement in place. Our landlord insurance also provides full cover for vacant properties for up to 90 days, subject to precautions.

Award-winning buy-to-let insurance

Speak to our team on
01603 216387
Make an enquiry
Business Insurance Enquiry
  • Contact Details

  • Enquiry Details

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.