We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Landlords Landlord Pet Damage Insurance

Pet damage insurance for rental properties gives landlords and tenants extra peace of mind. We have teamed up with SAGIC (The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation Limited) to offer pet damage cover which can be added to either a tenants or landlords insurance policy.

  • Up to £5,000 cover
  • Cover for landlords fixtures and fittings damaged by pets
  • Cover provided under either landlords or tenants policy
  • Cover is for unexpected losses



The Alan Boswell Group Difference

Alan Boswell Group Difference

As a leading independent insurance broker and one of the eastern region’s largest financial planners, our business is perfectly placed to guarantee an independent, personal, bespoke service with the clout and connections of a big player.

We aim to ease the burden that arranging insurance or financial planning can bring. We pride ourselves on our personal approach, providing a dedicated contact to review your situation and provide continuous expert advice for your business or personal needs.

How our customers rate us

Helpful, supportive, knowledgeable and no hard sell.

Mrs Dunn - Landlord Insurance

Landlord Pet Damage Insurance in detail

While tenants will normally cover the cost of any damage caused by their pets, this won’t always be the case. You may have a deposit to fall back on, but adding pet damage cover to your new or existing landlords policy provides an extra layer of security.

For just £25 (+Insurance Premium Tax) you can add pet damage insurance cover providing you with a safety net of £5,000 worth of damage.

It is important to note that our pet damage policy covers claims made for sudden, unintentional, and unexpected physical loss, breakage, or damage caused by a domestic pet to the fixtures, fittings, and contents provided by the landlords in rented accommodation.

It is not for damage caused by everyday wear and tear. For example, if a dog scratches at your door every day this is not covered, while if a pet pulls down curtains that causes damage to a wall this would be covered.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01603 216399
Send an enquiry Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry


What insurance do I need to cover pet damage?

Pet damage insurance can be purchased as an add-on to our SAGIC tenants’ contents insurance. This policy provides protection for the cost of repairing or replacing your landlords’ fixtures and fittings if they have been damaged by your pet. This policy only provides cover for unexpected and unforeseen damage.

Landlords who wish to protect their property from damage caused by their tenants’ pets can purchase pet damage insurance as an add-on to a SAGIC landlord insurance policy.

What is accidental damage pet insurance?

Accidental damage pet insurance protects the landlord from financial loss if they have to repair or replace the contents of the property due to unforeseen instances of damage caused by a resident’s pet.

  • For tenants:

    If you are concerned about the potential damage a pet could cause then you might want to consider taking out pet damage insurance.

    Pet damage insurance from Alan Boswell Group provides up to £5,000 of cover for sudden, unintentional, and unexpected damage caused by a domestic pet to:

    • The fixtures and fittings of your rented accommodation;
    • Contents provided by your landlord.

    Pet damage insurance can be added to an existing SAGIC tenants’ contents policy, or purchased with a new policy, for £25 (excluding Insurance Premium Tax).

    For landlords:

    While taking a deposit from your tenant provides some financial security should you need to repair or replace items due to pet damage, adding pet damage insurance gives you the peace of mind that your property and its contents are fully protected.

    Pet damage insurance can be added to your existing landlord insurance policy, or purchased with a new policy, for £25 (excluding Insurance Premium Tax).

    Please note that pet damage only covers unexpected and unforeseen instances of pet damage, it will not cover frequent and recurring issues.

  • Most landlord insurance policies will not cover pet damage as standard. You can purchase an add-on to your policy which provides protection for pet damage, if this is something you are interested in then it is best to contact us to discuss your options.

  • Most tenants’ contents policies will not include pet damage as standard; it is best to check the terms of your policy. If you are looking to take out insurance for pet damage then we can provide this alongside a tenants’ contents policy with SAGIC.