We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Important information: We have followed Government advice and closed our branches. However, please be assured that our priority remains providing our clients with support and advice at all times and our teams are on-hand to take your calls or emails.
Contact details for all our employees can be found here.

Payments of insurances: Please note, at this time we are asking that payments be made via our online card payment portal or by bank transfer.  Please avoid sending cheques wherever possible.

Speak directly to our team

01603 649650

Home insurance covers you against the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it is damaged or destroyed and/or replacing its contents.

For most of us, our home is our most important asset and it is vital to ensure that it is appropriately insured. The rise of one size fits all, cheap home insurance policies has led to many people incorrectly insuring their property and leaving themselves exposed in the event of a claim.

Alan Boswell group has access to many products meaning we can compare cover to ensure you obtain suitable home insurance for your needs.

  • Comprehensive buildings and contents cover
  • ‘All risks’ cover for contents and personal possessions available
  • Insurance Times Independent Broker of the Year 2015/16
  • Dedicated claims team
  • Option to include additional covers e.g. Travel, Home Emergency

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

ABG difference

Alan Boswell Group recognises that no two homes are the same. With friendly and truly independent professional advice we will guide you through the home insurance process.

We can provide expert guidance on buildings and contents valuations, and with access to a wide panel of insurance partners we can ensure you have the right policy tailored to your individual requirements often with delegated authority for claims meaning we can ensure a smooth and quick claims process should a claim occur.

How our customers rate us

Really excellent customer service. Can't fault them.

Mr Rippington, Household Insurance

Home Insurance in detail

Our Home insurance can provide the following:

  • Building insurance Cover for your property for repair or rebuild following a claim e.g. fire, flood etc
  • Contents insurance Covers damage or theft of contents within your property
  • Accidental damage insurance Extra cover for accidental damage e.g. spilling wine on carpets
  • Personal belongings Cover for personal belongings whilst out of home e.g. watches, clothes, electronics etc
  • Contents in the garden Cover for items in the garden e.g. garden furniture, ornaments etc
  • Family legal cover Cover for legal expenses for a variety of legal disputes e.g. personal injury, consumer disputes etc
  • Damage caused by pets Our cover can include damage by pets - often excluded in Home Insurance
  • Alternative accommodation Cover for alternative accommodation in the event your property is uninhabitable following a claim

Key points

When obtaining homeowners insurance quotes it is important to compare on a like-for-like basis. Many of the companies that promise cheap home insurance will do so by stripping out covers and applying large excesses and low limits leaving limited cover.

When stating the sum insured for your buildings it should be for the estimated rebuilt cost of the property rather than the market value. Providing a correct sum insured will mean you do not pay inflated premiums.

If there are any change in circumstances for your property (e.g. undertaking renovation or letting out rooms) you should let your insurance provider know as claims may be invalidated if they are unaware. If in doubt, speak to an expert.


  • There is no legal requirement to purchase Home Insurance, however if there is a mortgage on the property there may be a stipulation from your mortgage company that you must have buildings insurance in place.

  • No, you will be able to change your existing policy unless there are any adverse risk issues with your new property (e.g. flood area).

  • Unless the un-occupancy extends over 30 days there is not an issue, even then 60 days un-occupancy is often acceptable, but beyond 60 days would lead to restrictions in cover.

  • Anything you take with you when you leave the house on a day to day basis or if you are away for an extended period of time. This includes clothing, footwear, personal electronics, jewellery and watches.

  • Previous insurance documents or any documents relating to the purchase of your property may contain the sum insured. If you cannot access these you can go to a calculator devised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to help with sums insured. 

  • There is no set criteria for high net worth as the definition is extremely subjective. Our insurance experts will advise you on the best products for you based on your circumstances.

  • No, it’s absolutely free to obtain a quote for your home insurance. We can compare home insurance quotes for you and will suggest the best option for your personal needs.

Get in contact

Speak directly to our team
01603 649650
Quote request Quote request
Quote request
Household Quote Form
Household Quote Form
  • Personal and Property details

  • Failure to answer this question accurately may result in the cancellation of your policy and declinature of any claims.
  • If any part of the roof is flat, please state approximately what percentage
  • The more detail you can provide about security (e.g. type of safe, alarms etc) the better the discounts provided
  • Please provide any additional comments that may be relevant in the additional detail box below
  • Buildings

  • This is rebuild cost, not market value
  • Contents

  • General items away from home e.g. Mobile phone, spectacles etc
  • Describe item and state value e.g Rolex watch £7,000
  • Claims details

    If applicable, please provide details on any claims you or any insured has made in relation to this or other properties in the last five years (Date, Amount claimed, type of claim etc)
  • Click submit to send your request

Request a callback Request a callback
Request a callback
Callback Enquiry
Callback Enquiry
  • Contact Details

  • If applicable
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
John Beck
John Beck

Business Insurance Adviser

John started working in insurance in 1991 as an office junior and worked his way up through three other brokers before joining Alan Boswell Group…

Christine Taylor
Christine Taylor

Team Leader - Personal Lines

Christine has worked in Insurance since 2005 & she joined the Alan Boswell Group in March 2015.  

Kate Truelove
Kate Truelove

Insurance Adviser

Kate has worked for Alan Boswell in the landlords and personal lines department since 2009, she began employment within the insurance industry in 2003.