We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Buying a second home or holiday home in the UK is pretty straightforward, but if you are considering buying abroad you will need good overseas holiday home insurance to protect your investment.

Whether your holiday home is overseas, a second home here in the UK, or you are planning to rent it out furnished or unfurnished, we tailor a holiday let policy to meet your requirements.

  • Specific products for holiday homes/second homes
  • Cover for UK and selected overseas countries
  • Cover for own use or rental
  • Feefo service rating of 98%

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

ABG Difference

Whether your property is a short term holiday let investment or a secondary residence for you and your family Alan Boswell Group understand the differing requirements. Providing expert independent advice on finding the right insurance we will work with you to tailor products to your needs. Working with established insurers we can provide specific products designed for holiday homes.

We also have a landlord advice hub that is full of useful information to help landlords and property owners find the advice and products needed.

How our customers rate us

Very professional, informative and extremely helpful.

Miss Tungate, Private Home Insurance

Holiday Home Insurance in detail

Holiday home insurance products can cover the following:

  • Building covers Cover for your property for repair or rebuild following a claim e.g. fire, flood etc.
  • Property owners' liability Liability cover in the event of accidents on your property to guests or visitors for which you are liable.
  • Emergency travel expenses Cover if you need to get to your property in an emergency.
  • Contents cover Covers damage or theft of contents within your property.

If you’re unsure on the value of the contents in your holiday home, try our contents calculator.


  • A holiday home or second home is defined as a residential property that is not your main residence, whether commercially let or for own occasional use. Generally speaking, if there are long periods of where there’s no occupancy this would be classified as a holiday home.

  • We can cover the UK and the Republic of Ireland as well as Spain, France, Southern Cyprus, Bulgaria, Portugal, Greece, and Italy. Although certain areas may have restricted perils for local risks, e.g. earthquakes in Italy and Greece.

  • We have access to a number of providers – being independent means we can choose the best policy for your requirements.

  • Yes you can, to ensure you are covered on the correct basis just call us.

  • Yes, you are still covered as the owner of the property. In addition, if you stop letting the property your premiums may also reduce.

Get in touch

Phil Bone
Phil Bone

Insurance Adviser

Prior to joining Alan Boswell Group in August 2021, Phil has worked in the insurance sector for the past four years, employed by Adrian Flux…

Craig Banham
Craig Banham

Insurance Adviser

Craig has worked for Alan Boswell Group since 2001.