We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Business Business Insurance Trade and Industry Restaurant Insurance and Hospitality Insurance

The hospitality sector encompasses an array of businesses from gastropubs to late night bars, boutique hotels to seaside B&Bs, each with bespoke requirements and the need for quality advice. While customers want value for money, hospitality businesses will also expect value for money from their suppliers and insurance is no different.

  • Bespoke tailored products for your business
  • Range of covers for all hospitality sectors
  • Non-standard risks covered
  • High-risk activities/businesses covered

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

Commercial Property Insurance

It is our strong relationship with insurers and our experience of handling risks in this sector that allows us to accommodate all kinds of leisure business. We have a great standing with our insurance partners, with access to some unique schemes. Being independent we are not tied to any one insurer and will ensure that you get first-class service with the best cover for your business at competitive rates.

How our customers rate us

Customer service is excellent. Very helpful staff.

Ms Whightman - Pub & Restaurant Insurance

Hospitality Insurance in detail

Covers tend to include:

  • Public liability Cover for injury to visitors/guests or third-party property caused by your business.
  • Employers' liability Cover for accidents, injuries, or illness sustained by employees as a result of their work for you.
  • Business contents Cover for buildings, fixtures, and fittings for your premises.
  • Event insurance Cover for any events your business holds.
  • Legal expenses Legal expenses cover for legal disputes in relation to your business e.g. contracts, employment etc.

There are many additional covers that will be applicable dependent on the type of business you operate.

  • Money and assault cover
  • Fidelity guarantee
  • Engineering cover and inspection
  • Loss of license

Many other covers can be added to your policy.

Employers’ liability is a must whether you have permanent, contract, or casual workers. Even if you have staff that are volunteers it is an essential cover.

The hospitality industry is incredibly varied and deemed high risk by insurance companies. It is therefore vitally important to share all activities you are sometimes involved in to ensure all your risks are covered.


  • Yes, regardless of whether it is a charity event or not you will still require event insurance. However, your business insurance can often be extended to cover this.

  • Yes, this is possible although in some instances it may require a change of insurance provider dependent on how drastic the change of activity is.

  • Yes, there will be various excesses dependent on the cover you choose. These will be explained in advance of any purchase.

  • Yes, we can cover you. We will review the options and advise whether it is best to get a new policy or increase the cover on your current policy.

  • Yes you can, although it will often be better to have two separate policies tailored to each type of business. This ensures you are covered for the right risks specific to that industry.

  • Due to the varying factors it is impossible to state how much hospitality insurance costs.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01603 218000
Send a enquiry Send a enquiry
Send a enquiry
Jon Preston
Jon Preston

Account Executive

Jon has been working in the insurance industry for over twenty five years. Starting with Aviva Insurance in 1991 in an accounts role Jon also…

Sam Brown
Sam Brown

Account Executive

Sam started his insurance career at Norwich Union (now Aviva) within the Motor Claims department. After moving around Aviva and holding a number of positions,…