We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Landlords Landlord Cover

Landlord Cover

Get a quote online or call to speak to one of our insurance experts

Start Your Quote
  • Add rent guarantee
  • Add contents insurance
  • Add legal expenses and more
  • Add rent guarantee
  • Add contents insurance
  • Add legal expenses and more
Platinum Trusted Service Award - Rectangle

Our property owners team is committed to providing landlords with the best landlords insurance products available, that’s why we have a range of specific landlord covers. This means you can insure all the various types of properties you own.

  • Residential landlord insurance
  • Commercial landlord insurance
  • Serviced apartment insurance
  • Five-star-rated landlord insurance products
  • Landlord liability insurance
  • Buy-to-let insurance

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

Insurance for buy to let

Because our landlord products are managed in-house, we provide a unique service when it comes to pricing and underwriting.
Our advice and service have been recognised by the industry and our customer feedback scores are proof of our consistently high standards.

What our customers say

We've dealt with Alan Boswell for over 10 years and have always been very impressed by their efficiency.

Mr & Mrs Hodges

Get a quote

Our NIG landlord insurance policy is a Which? Best Buy.

We take great pride in being recognised for our dedication to providing the best service and comprehensive, tailored cover for our customers’ needs. If you are unsure of the type of cover you need, our expert advisers are available to help over the phone.

Speak to our team about landlord insurance
01603 216399
Get a quote Get a quote
Get a quote
Make an enquiry Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry

Landlord Cover in detail

Our landlord insurance policies cover a range of property risks faced by a large variety of properties, so you get complete peace of mind knowing your properties will have the right insurance in place.

  • Rebuild or repair cost The cost to rebuild or repair your BTL property after an insured event e.g. flood or fire.
  • Damaged contents The cost of damage to your carpets, curtains, and white goods are automatically covered.
  • Loss of rent The cost of rehousing your tenant, or reimbursement for loss of rent, where the property becomes uninhabitable following a property damage claim.
  • Property owners' liability £5 million property owners' liability cover to protect you against legal action.
  • Employers' liability £10 million employers' liability to cover cleaners, gardeners, caretakers etc.
  • Full cover between tenants Full cover for up to 90 days unoccupancy between tenants.
  • Dedicated claims team Access to our experienced, in-house claims team.
  • Manufacture of drugs by tenants Insurance against damage caused by cannabis farms (conditions apply).
  • Malicious and accidental damage Cover for damage caused by the tenant.

Property owners brochure

If you are a property owner or a landlord, you may be interested in our brochure that outlines the services we provide for our clients in the property industry. Download a copy of the brochure and learn more about how we can help you with your property needs.

Property owner brochure

Optional extras

Our insurance is designed specifically for landlords and covers the buildings and contents of your investment property. As a landlord, we know you face more risks than that, which is why we can provide a range of additional covers:

  • Home emergency cover Cover for domestic emergencies, including boiler breakdown.
  • Rent guarantee insurance with landlord legal expenses Cover for your rental property, including repossession of property, loss of rent, and other legal disputes.
  • Landlord legal expenses Provides legal advice and cover for legal costs incurred should a dispute relating to your property arise.
Buy-to-Let Insurance

Flexible buy-to-let insurance from a market-leading broker. Compare quotes for your buildings, contents, and liability insurance.

Read more
HMO Insurance

Get comprehensive insurance for Houses of Multiple Occupations (HMOs) – discount available.

Read more
Airbnb Insurance

Airbnb insurance protects you as an Airbnb host should one of your paying guests cause any accidental damage to your treasured rental home.

Read more
Serviced Accommodation Insurance

We provide essential insurance with competitive premiums for landlords and property owners that run serviced accommodation properties.

Read more
Commercial Landlord Insurance

Commercial buildings insurance for landlords from a market-leading broker. We’ll search the market and compare quotes so you can choose the best insurance.

Read more

Landlord insurance FAQs

  • Landlord insurance is sometimes known as buy-to-let insurance. The basic product is landlord buildings and contents insurance. This covers risks relating to the fabric of the building and anything you may have left in the property, such as white goods, curtains, carpets etc (contents).

    Additional insurance products, such as rent guarantee, landlord legal expenses, and home emergency cover can also be added to provide further protection for an additional cost.

  • Our landlords insurance statistics page shows us that the price of insurance depends on a variety of factors, such as the property you want to insure, your excess, and level of cover. However, we guarantee to beat the price of your like-for-like landlord insurance quote.

  • Legally, you don’t need to have landlord insurance. However, this cover provides vital peace of mind that your property is protected if the worst happens. Landlord insurance covers the buildings and certain contents of your rental property, while add-on products, including landlord legal expenses and rent guarantee insurance, can provide additional protection.

  • The policy provides cover for carpets, curtains, and white goods. If you want to cover anything more than this we would be happy to arrange additional cover for you.

  • You are covered for £5m legal liability to third parties for any one incident. You also have employers’ liability cover for people working at your property, up to £10m.

  • Providing you have a tenancy agreement in place and the tenant has been referenced, there are no restrictions on who you can rent to.

  • Yes, it will remain in place for new tenants provided you have another tenancy agreement in place. Our landlord insurance also provides full cover for vacant properties for up to 90 days, subject to precautions.

Award-winning buy-to-let insurance

Speak to our team about landlord insurance
01603 216399
Get a quote Get a quote
Get a quote
Make an enquiry Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Carina Lopes
Carina Lopes

Insurance Adviser

Leah Mayes
Leah Granger

Insurance Adviser

Leah has worked in insurance for over ten years and joined Alan Boswell Group in 2009. She works within the Personal Lines department and specialises…